Our Story

The Credaro family are a pioneering family to the region, first settling in Margaret River in 1922 after migrating from Northern Italy. Initially involved in farming and the timber industry, small plots of vines were planted to provide the family with table wine.

The Credaro family have a distinguished heritage in Western Australia as a pioneering family who settled in northern Margaret River in 1922. The family had humble beginnings within the agriculture and timber industries, building bridges for the first railways and major roads in the region.

Cesar Credaro left Northern Italy for a new start in 1921 and met his brother Olympio at Fremantle Port after a three month voyage. They then made their way to an area north of the Margaret River township called Carbunup. Cesare Credaro was the first generation of the family to reside in the area of Margaret River, working in the one of the first vineyards in the region.

Though it no longer exists today, it was a five acre vineyard that was established around 1915, near Commonage Road. He would work on this property whenever possible, between his farming and timber interests.

Cesare Credaro worked at the Meleri vineyard in Yallinup in the 1920s and 30s. Cesare, with the help of the family, took some cuttings from the Yallingup vineyard where he worked and planted an acre of the Italian Red Variety Fragola at Carbunup.

The family would make a parcel of wine every year for themselves and the neighbouring families. The Fragola has now evolved from site to site with each generation of the family over the years.

The family has been commercially involved in the wine industry since the 80’s, when their first plantings began supplying other established Margaret River wineries. Today the family manages 140 hectares of vines over seven separate vineyards across Margaret River, in the regions of Wilyabrup, Carbunup, Treeton, Yallingup and Wallcliffe. The Credaro family produce all of their own wines, in their 1200-tonne winery in Northern Margaret River, which was built in 2003.